Friday 10 April 2015

The rattling of the die in the cup

Alex Here:
The last weekend before we leave, Gene has started holidays and I have 2 days of work to go!

This morning I packed up all the Napoleonic gear we're taking and took it to the Post Office to see how much it would cost to mail it. At $274 to post 12kg of gear, I'm going to talk to Qantas to confirm what the baggage limits are for Frequent Flyers and the charge for excess baggage. If anything, it's only an extra 4kg for each of us.

After multiple trips to JB Hi-Fi and Dick Smith's, we're finally thrust into the 21st century with a MP3 player, FM transmitter, a double USB car charger and another mobile. I haven't done anything with them yet, so I guess I'm still in the year of the Fruitbat.

I've handed over my sword bayonet and flintlock so they can be in turn handed to a Rifleman coming over closer to the event.

Things are rapidly being ticked off the list and few last minute things are being added.

It feels like things are actually happening..........

It's all looking good. Soon, iacta alea est!

No comments:

Post a Comment