Saturday 2 May 2015

The Museum of London

Dee is still resting and Gene wanted a day off, so I went out by myself today. My main goal was to visit the Museum Of London and try to catch up with an English FB who was attending a scooter gathering.

The day was fantastic. Being able to see the original shoes, axes, belts, etc that I've been basing my reproductions on was amazing. I didn't knowingly let out any fangirl squeals but I may have bounced in happiness. The issue of not being able to talk to anyone about the shoes was frustrating. Still, it was an awesome experience.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoes-Pattens-Medieval-Excavations-London/dp/0851158382















Unfortunately, I missed meeting up with my scooter riding friend by minutes but I'm sure I passed him as there were about 200 scooters waiting at the lights to go for their cruise.


I also had a chance to see the Old Bailey and St Paul's which holds the tomb of Lord Kitchener.

This afternoon we started making phone calls about 4 possible camper vans. We'll start the visits after Monday's public holiday.

Tomorrow, we visit the Ritz, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, The Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the Eye. Hopefully, Dee will be well enough to come. We're putting off the places where Dee wants to visit until she's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment