Friday 8 May 2015

The Tate and Globe

Hello guys, Gene here.
Today was very exciting. This morning we went to the Tate Gallery to see some modern art, which was a nice change from pale women sitting in fancy armchairs and marble statues. 

After that, Mum went home (not that exciting) and dad and I went to see Shakespeare’s Globe!! It wasn’t as big as I had imagined, but much more impressive. We learnt that we were late for our tour of the place, but we still went and saw “The Merchant Of Venice” which is a story filled with romance, money, lies, and Religion. It was an experience of a life time. Most of the language took my brain a while to comprehend, but I got there eventually. (Not that bad, considering the constant change in English over the years.) The dresses and other costumes were beautiful. It was amazing, but my feet hurt because we had been standing up for the past two hours. A Lady behind us collapsed from the lack of blood flow to her feet.

Tomorrow we are seeing the Victoria Albert Museum tomorrow. We also found our campervan!! It’s really yellow. We still haven’t found a name for it yet. I’m voting for Springy. It’s a long story. We are picking it up on Monday.


Well, that’s all from me, dear readers.







No comments:

Post a Comment